Thursday, September 29, 2011

What if every day is Christmas Day?

I found myself asking, what if, every day is Christmas?

"I'll get fat. Really fat!"

"My credit card bills would shoot through the roof!"

Really? Maybe. For most people, that would seem the case. I guess, to most of us, Christmas is a little more like Get Together and Wine-and-Party Day rolled into one. Because we feel really blessed to have family and friends coming together at that time of the year to celebrate and bask in the festive joy. Presents are exchanged, all that wonderful spread and Christmas lights....What a joyous moment in life!

While most of us spend Christmas nights dining and showering our loved ones with delightful gifts, many years back, I thought about about the less fortunate. How will they spend their Christmas? Will they spend this special day yearning for the things that they never have, but are very common to us all...Simple treats, a hug or even a 'I love you'?

Writing this, the tale of The Little Match Girl came to mind. It was a sad story, but nevertheless, has deep significance even today.

If, every day is Christmas Day...what would you do? How about sharing some of your blessings with the less fortunate?

We can start with our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment